Master in Media & Data Intelligence
It is intended to equip graduates with the technical, economic, social and legal competencies necessary for future media and thus digital (data and information) processes. The master's program is designed to prepare students for the many innovations that will shape media products and information flows in the future.
With the increasing need for digitally literate professionals, an understanding of emerging media platforms, data analytics, digital visual communication, and content creation is typical for students in this master's.
These trends mark a shift in how media is consumed en and how businesses interact with users or recipients.
Here, students are prepared for the modern world of data-driven media and information
Flexible study model in trimesters that also allows for part-time employment
Hands-on problem-solving exercises, analysis and application in real-world labs, extended enterprise projects on real cases in collaboration with UDS partner companies
Working with the latest technology (including mobile video, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), data analysis tools) in labs
International network of universities and companies
Access to innovation, sustainability and international start-ups
Specialization options in relevant subject areas and media focus
- Expertise and understanding of media developments and contexts, theories and concepts, processes, and international best practices.
- Graduates should acquire the ability to use technologized forms of interaction strategically (human digital agility).
- Graduates should be able to analyze, structurize and evaluate the mass of information available (informational intelligence).
- Graduates should learn to act flexibly and to be able to quickly adapt information processes and technologies to the needs of the company, institution or organization.
- Graduates will be able to review concrete opportunities and risks of implementing new technologies and data tools using scientific methods.
- First university degree (bachelor's or diploma) of at least 180 ECTS credits, preferably in media management or communications science with core technical competencies or business information systems.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Successful assessment center/admission interview (see separate information)
- 120 ECTS (CP) are provided for the master's degree.
- Basic modules (key competencies) = 30 CP.
- Specialization modules = 35 CP.
- Optional industry specialization = 25 CP.
- Master's thesis = 30 CP.
- The master's degree is taught in English.
- The master's degree is available for full-time and part-time study.
- The academic year is divided into trimesters.
Also, the perspective of an own business idea should not be lost sight of, the UDS promotes start-up thinking and also supports the founding of a company.
The demand for qualified personnel is growing rapidly in this area. There can be very different job titles associated with it, such as PR & Communications Manager, Social Media Manager, System Administrator, Digital Manager, Content Strategist or Digital Strategist.